+44 (0)1749 345007 support.i2i@sgs.com      

National Export System (NES)

Overview of NES

A Customs declaration is required for all goods exported. NES is an electronic based system which allows exporters to lodge an export entry with Customs before the goods leave the UK. Up until March 2002 Customs declarations were paper based. After this date a phased implementation programme was introduced and now all export declarations have to be cleared electronically before shipment can take place. The option to submit a paper declaration - C88 Single Administrative Document (SAD) is now only available for standard full pre-entry procedures at the frontier.

Our Online Management Solution

Our NES & NES Reports bolt-on module for GTA and eConsign offers CHIEF/DTI customs clearance declarations and status report management.

Manage your compliance using the shipment data you have created in GTA or eConsign, the S8 (Departed) Message is the only document HMRC will accept as legal evidence your goods have left the U.K. and the shipper no longer being liable for tax, duties and dumping. Manage shipment’s customs clearance statuses individually or produce an audit report by date range

NES – Send data to CHIEF from GTA or eConsign to obtain Customs Clearance
  • Required for goods shipped outside the EU.
  • Supports LCP, SDP, and Full Declaration.
  • Automatic allocation of DUCR.
  • Amendments and cancellations.
  • Handles MUCR.
NES Reports – GTA & eConsign are updated automatically with customs clearance status updates from CHIEF/DTI.
  • Used for goods shipped outside the EU.
  • Legal proof goods have left U.K. shores.
  • Supports P2 (acceptance), X2 (arrived), X6 (permission to progress) and S8 (departed) messages.
  • Individual shipment automatic updates.
  • Reports individually or by date range.

NES Module Features
  • Submit and monitor declarations
  • Copy previous shipments/declarations
  • Print or save EAD as PDF
  • Receive shipment report data from HMRC
Why Use Our NES Module
  • Reduce forwarding costs
  • Retain knowledge in-house
  • Take control of your tariff codes
  • Speed up declaration processing
Need to Register With HMRC?
To use NES services you will need to register with HMRC to get an EORI number.
Follow the link to our guide below to find out more about what an EORI number is and how to get one.
HMRC Registration Guide